Music News - Phosphorescent

The dust hasn’t even settled on my copy of Phosphorescent’s Pride, one of my favorite albums of 2007 and still hanging strong a year later, when news came today that Matthew Houck has already recorded the follow up. To Willie isn’t a typical follow up though - Houck decided to tip his finest cowboy hat to one of his biggest inspirations with a full blown tribute album. According to Dead Oceans the album is a complete reimagining of 11 under appreciated and overlooked Willie Nelson classics, and is set for a February release - something else to look forward to during the early months of the new year. The tracklist:

Reasons To Quit
Too Sick To Pray
Walkin'
It's Not Supposed To Be That Way
Pick Up The Tempo
I Gotta Get Drunk
Can I Sleep In Your Arms
Heartaches Of A Fool
Permanently Lonely
The Last Thing I Needed (First Thing This Morning)
The Party's Over

Unfortunately a free and legal mp3 has not been released from To Willie as of yet, but when one is you know you’ll get it here first. I know realistically that’s pretty far-fetched, I just wanted to see how it felt to type that for once. In all likelihood you’ll find it on any one of a hundred or so other sites first, but rest assured that I’ll have it here at some point soon thereafter. So come back between 2-5 business days after seeing it on Pitchfork to check it out here. Until then:

A Picture Of Our Torn Up Praise
(from Pride. Buy here)
------------------------------------------

No comments: