[video] J Tillman - "Firstborn"



J Tillman’s perfect Vacilando Territory Blues is just full of highlights, and Pitchfork unveiled a video for one of them today. “Firstborn” finds the singer/songwriter (& Fleet Foxes drummer) backed by Casey Wescott and Christian Wargo of Fleet Foxes, and features a typically haunting, sparse arrangement. I find it particularly relevant right now with my my own 2 first borns, just 8 days old, sleeping soundly in the next room as I type this. Vacilando Territory Blues is out now through Western Vinyl and comes with my highest recommendation (read my previous post here) - it’s a truly captivating piece of American music.

MP3 :: James Blues
MP3 :: Steel On Steel
(from Vacilando Territory Blues. Buy here)
------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: