[mp3] The National - "So Far Around The Bend"


The National and the folks behind the Dark Was The Night compilation have released another free mp3 from the excellent charity set. “So Far Around The Bend” is a jaunty little pop song that would probably feel out of place on either Alligator or Boxer, but sounds like a completely natural and welcome experiment for the band nonetheless. If I had the choice, I’d love to be able to share the beautiful Antony Hegarty & Bryce Dessner cover of Bob Dylan’s “I Was Young When I Left Home” (my personal favorite), but this track is one of the set’s strongest. Proceeds of the 4AD released 2-disc/triple vinyl/download will go to the Red Hot Organization, an international charity dedicated to raising funds and awareness for HIV and AIDS.

MP3 :: So Far Around The Bend
(from Dark Was The Night. Buy here)
-------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

emma said...

i really liked this song.