Wilco (the Album Art)


So that's the image that will grace the upcoming semi-self titled new Wilco album due June 30 from Nonesuch. And let me be the 601st person to say...it's bloody brilliant. After a string of evocative yet somewhat sterile cover pics dating back to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, it's nice to see the band embrace a bit of absurdity on this, their 7th proper release. Let the 'my humps' jokes begin.

I'm really getting excited for this album - I have a feeling the band is going to deliver something special. Billboard got a preview recently and posted some thoughts, further upping my eagerness.

In other Wilco related news... Jay Bennett recently sued Jeff Tweedy for unpaid royalties - Paste has the scoop and Tweedy's reply. Also the band has released a Woody Guthrie song called "The Jolly Banker" via their website. You can download the song for free, or pay 2 bucks for it to help support the Woody Guthrie Foundation and Archives (I'm assuming that means Nora Guthrie), a very worthy cause. And oh yeah, did I mention you should also check out the excellent new live DVD Ashes of American Flags?

MP3 :: The Jolly Banker
(released via Wilcoworld)
---------------------------------

No comments: