The February Mixtape

Though the onslaught of great new music continued this month, February 2009 had much more rewarding pleasures in store for me. On Monday the 9th my twins arrived - a few weeks sooner than expected but safe and sound nonetheless. My time since has been filled with surreal moments like the one pictured, with lots of late night feedings, burbings, and dirty diapers too. I guess in a way those moments are pretty surreal as well. Here is some new music I’ve been listening to with “my girls” this month, all released or heard for the first time over the last 28 days...

MP3 :: My Maudlin Career / Camera Obscura - (original post)
MP3 :: Optimist vs. The Silent Alarm (When The Saints Go Marching In) / Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - (original post)
MP3 :: 18 Wheels / Evening Magazine - (original post)
MP3 :: Lust For Life / Girls
MP3 :: Norman Bleik / I Was A King - (original post)
MP3 :: Lalita / The Love Language - (original post)
MP3 :: The Lions / Soft Black - (original post)
MP3 :: Me No / Clem Snide - (original post)
MP3 :: Cloud of Evil / Blackout Beach
MP3 :: Middle Cyclone / Neko Case - (original post)
MP3 :: James Blues / J Tillman - (original post)
MP3 :: The Poet / Matt Singer - (original post)
MP3 :: Future Primitive / Papercuts
MP3 :: Red Oak Way / Lotus Plaza - (original post)
MP3 :: Paragon Point / Tim Hecker - (original post)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

bob said...

congrat's to you. have fun

Mike Bass said...

Enjoy the joy.

James said...

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. My kid just turned 1. You have a long year ahead of you, especially with two at once. It's still a lot of fun though.