The April Mixtape


MP3 :: Vampire - Pink Mountaintops (original post)
MP3 :: Fetal Horses - John Vanderslice (original post)
MP3 :: Yours Truly, The Commuter - Jason Lytle (original post)
MP3 :: Belated Promise Ring - Iron & Wine (original post)
Link :: Rain On - Woods
Link :: Stillness Is The Move - Dirty Projectors (original post)
Link :: Daniel - Bat For Lashes (original post)
MP3 :: The More That I Do - The Field (original post)
MP3 :: Rainwater Cassette Exchange - Deerhunter (original post)
MP3 :: Sacred Trixter - Sonic Youth (original post)
Link :: Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (original post)
MP3 :: Wind Phoenix - Cymbals Eat Guitars (original post)
MP3 :: Thanks A Lot - The Empties (original post)
MP3 :: To Live Is To Fly - Steve Earle (original post)
MP3 :: River - Akron/Family (original post)
MP3 :: While We Were Dreaming - Pink Mountaintops
MP3 :: The Trapeze Swinger - Iron & Wine (original post)

Hey everyone! I’ve had it with Blogger! Earlier this week the sonsabitches deleted a post of mine based on a copyright infringement. Which would be completely understandable…had the infringement actually existed. But it didn’t. And that sucks big time. Since when can't a person put up a link directly to an mp3 hosted by the record label responsible for it? And the thing is, this was the 4th time the same thing has happened to me over the past few months. I can’t explain or understand why they are choosing to pick on me (though I’m sure I’m not alone) when there are blogs on Blogger that post full, complete, illegal album downloads every day!?! It doesn’t make any sense, I’m sick of it, and I’m currently looking into moving Pop Headwound to Wordpress, or Live Journal, or somewhere other than Blogger. Any tips or suggestions?

But getting back to the music. That there is my April mix, and every song is truly excellent. I can’t say enough good things about “Vampire” - it’s right up there with my very favorite songs of the year so far, and I can‘t wait to hear the rest of Outside Love. A lot of those others aren’t far behind - “Daniel”, “Stillness Is The Move”, and “Wind Phoenix” especially. As evidenced here, 2009 just continues to impress with the constant stream of really terrific new music. Check out the previous monthly mixes I've put together to catch up:
.
March
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Pierre said...

That sucks.

There seems to be a growing buzz about Tumblr.com as of late

I joined a few years ago but it's only now really taking off. It much simplifies blogging and adds a few unique twists like "reblogging" and "Like"-ing. Give it a shot and see how you like it anyway.