The March Mixtape


MP3 :: Cheerleader - Grizzly Bear (original post)
MP3 :: Young Adult Friction - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart (original post)
MP3 :: Love Is A Wave - Crystal Stilts
MP3 :: So Far Around The Bend - The National (original post)
MP3 :: Now We Can See - The Thermals (original post)
MP3 :: From The Hips - Cursive
MP3 :: Freeway - Kurt Vile (original post)
MP3 :: Run Chicken Run - The Felice Brothers (original post)
MP3 :: Pulling On A Line - Great Lake Swimmers
MP3 :: Mama’s Eyes - Justin Townes Earle (original post)
MP3 :: Flash In A Bottle - Dead Heart Bloom (original post)
MP3 :: Andrew - Crystal Antlers
MP3 :: You Can’t Get It Back - Gentleman Reg
MP3 :: Don’t Haunt This Place - Rural Alberta Advantage
MP3 :: Whoa Billy - Lucky Soul
MP3 :: Brand New Sun - Jason Lytle

My commute to work from where I’m currently residing is anywhere from 45-60 minutes, and as much as I hate crawling along the Belt Parkway, the extra time in the car has allowed me to keep up with new music much better than I thought I would after the twins were born. Afternoon rides are reserved for classics I can unwind with (and shout along to) after dealing with 13 and 14 year old brats all day, but I usually spend the morning ride listening to something new - it’s funny how in tune I can be to music in the delirious state I’m usually in after 5 or 6 hours of broken sleep. The above songs have all have made those rides not only more tolerable, but somehow even enjoyable - the best new songs I‘ve heard over the past 30 days or so. Or at least the best songs that are available as free and legal downloads. I’ve posted 8 or 9 of them previously, so you can follow those links to find out more information. For the tracks which I haven’t posted before, the links are there for the artist’s homepages. Enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------

No comments: