New Music - She & Him (M. Ward & Zooey Deschanel)


I’ve been a big fan of M. Ward for years now, and the 3 movies I’ve seen Zooey Deschanel in have all been top notch (Elf, All The Real Girls, and Almost Famous), especially this scene where Will Ferrell proves to be quite multi-talented. Now the new duo have a name, She & Him, and a forthcoming album from Merge called Volume 1. You probably knew that already. You may not have heard the fruits of their collaboration though. “Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?” proves the two make better music than band and album names. It’s sung entirely by Deschanel, and sounds as though Ward is manning the boards. Is it just me or does it seem reminiscent of some of Wilco’s recent poppier moments?

MP3 :: Why Do You Let Me Stay Here
(from Volume 1. Info here)
-------------------------------------

1 comment:

Wayne Massingham said...

I really like this song. I hope the rest of the album is of similar quality.