Spoolwork Remix Jens Lekman

I haven’t written much about Night Falls Over Kortedala, Jen Lekman’s 2007 album. It was one of those things that, for me, fell thru the cracks for a while. I’d heard a song or 2 here and there, but only picked up a copy of my own and listened straight through in late November or December. Shame, as it would have made my Top 20 easily. I’m sure Jens would be pissed to hear that my own negligence cost him dearly. Sorry man.

Anyway, an interesting remix has been going around lately that you may or may not have heard by this point. David Fischoff (pictured), a Secretly Canadian recording artist with 3 albums out under his own name, was asked by Lekman to produce musical accompaniment for the song “I’m Leaving You (Because I Don’t Love You)” based strictly on the vocal track. He was sent the track before ever hearing the finished song. The result, I think, improves the studio version - which is really the only song on Night Falls Over Kortedala that I ever find myself skipping. I like it well enough when it starts, I just get tired of it after a few minutes. Can’t explain it better than that. This remix is excellent though - check it out, and check out Fischoff’s new remix and production project, Spoolwork.

MP3 :: I’m Leaving You (Because I Don’t Love You) - Spoolwork remix
---------------------------------------

Bonus MP3 :: The Opposite Of Hallelujah
Bonus MP3 :: Friday Night At The Drive-In Bingo
(from Night Falls Over Kortedala. Buy here)
---------------------------------------

No comments: