PHW Album of the Month - 9/08

I wrote this post on Tuesday and then proceeded to completely forget about it, thinking I had posted it right away. Starting here > I just heard Gentleman Jesse & His Men’s self-titled debut within the past 2 or 3 days (update: week or so), and if given more time it would have challenged for this spot - it’s pretty freakin’ rad, and I‘ll have more on it very soon (already did - songs of the month. scroll down). But as that record hasn’t yet fully sunk in yet, TV On The Radio’s new Dear Science, has - it’s my official Album of the Month for September, beating out Offend Maggie and Carried To Dust, excellent as they are, by a pretty hefty margin. My early opinion on Dear Science,, and I don’t foresee this changing, is it’s their best yet. Like the TVOTR of the past, Dear Science, is a dense record that grows more rewarding with repeat listens, yet manages to streamline their ambitious nature into an instantly accessible package. If you‘re not hooked 30 seconds into “Halfway Home” I don‘t know what I can do for you anymore. Hear the whole thing here. Previous post here.

MP3 :: Golden Age
(from Dear Science,. Buy here)
----------------------------------------------

1 comment:

A Lynn F said...

Just wanted to say that you blog is great. Informative and entertaining as well!

I'm interning at the Philadelphia-based magazine, two.one.five. It features local artists as well as reviews on music, movies and video games. Check out our most recent article on rapper, Nas at http://www.215mag.com/features_detail.cfm/feature/181/

Thanks!