[mp3] The Online Romance - "Ladybug, Don't Smile"

Happy New Year! I can feel it in the air - 2009 is going to be the best year ever in recorded history. Maybe that feeling is actually the remnants of a New Year’s hangover finally subsiding to the point where I can hold down a beer. Maybe it’s from watching The Pursuit of Happyness with my honey tonight, which was way better than I thought it would be and possibly the most uplifting movie I’ve ever seen in recorded history. Those are big words from a die-hard It's A Wonderful Life fan. Definitely the most uplifting movie I’ve seen all year anyway.

Whatever the cause, tonight I’m feeling good. It may also be this new song from a band called The Online Romance. I came across this track, “Ladybug, Don’t Smile”, the other day over at Muzzle of Bees (his first hand account) and have had it spinning on repeat now for about 20 minutes. Cut to the chase - it’s more sweet indie-pop from Portland and should go over very well with fans of The Shins, Belle & Sebastian, and the mellower side of A.C. Newman. They’re putting the finishing touches on an as-of-yet unnamed debut full length album (they’ve had a handful of EPs) that should be available early in the new year. PHW will keep you updated.

MP3 :: Ladybug, Don’t Smile
(from a future release from The Online Romance. Info here eventually)
------------------------------------------------------

No comments: