[mp3] J Tillman - "Earthly Bodies"


J Tillman’s fantastic Vacilando Territory Blues ain’t even 6 months old yet, but that’s not stopping the Washington state singer/songwriter and Fleet Foxes drummer from putting out the follow up, Year In The Kingdom, hot on its heels. Pitchfork dropped the news late last week that Western Vinyl will release the record on September 22. “Earthly Bodies” is the first legally released song, and over at Tillman’s myspace there are 2 more new tracks streaming - “Year In The Kingdom” and “Though I Have Wronged You”.

Vacilando Territory Blues was the virtual soundtrack to the birth of my twins this past February, as I first heard it just a few days before they were born. Needless to say the album means a lot to me on a deeply personal level and I can’t recommend it enough. It’s honestly one of the best singer-songwriter records I’ve heard in a long time and I’m really really really looking forward to his new one.

MP3 :: Earthly Bodies
(from Year In The Kingdom. Info here)
--------------------------------------------------------

No comments: