[video] Camera Obscura - "The Sweetest Thing"



One of Tracyanne Campbell’s great gifts as a singer is her ability to inject a very real sadness into the bright indie-pop of Camera Obscura. My Maudlin Career has many such moments. The video for the new single “The Sweetest Thing”, which premiered on Pitchfork recently, is a perfect example. The video features wigs, fake moustaches, Simon & Garfunkel look-alikes, and a sepia-toned costume party - all trying their best to disguise the sense of longing that runs throughout the song. “I would trade my mother to hear you sing”…..damn. The single will be released November 7 and comes backed with a cover of Bruce Springsteen’s “Tougher Than The Rest”, which personally I cannot wait to hear.

MP3 :: My Maudlin Career
(from My Maudlin Career. Info here)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously:
[video] Camera Obscura - live @ Route Du Rock
[video] Camera Obscura - "French Navy"
[mp3] Camera Obscura - "My Maudlin Career"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: