[video] - My Morning Jacket play SNL

"Evil Urges"


"I‘m Amazed"


-------------------------------------

While I’m not yet convinced that Evil Urges, as a whole, is a particularly worthwhile addition to the MMJ catalog (I‘m sure there will be many who disagree, most likely the same people who championed Sky Blue Sky last year), I am quite comfortable saying that the title track is among the year’s best tracks (which I pointed out here and then again here). I’m not at all amazed by “I’m Amazed” - wished they would have done the E-Street-esque rave up “Aluminum Park” or the pulsing “Smokin’ From Shootin’”, but beggars can’t be choosers. At least they didn’t embarrass themselves with “Highly Suspicious”.
-------------------------------------

MP3 :: Evil Urges
(from the forthcoming Evil Urges. Info here)
-------------------------------------

No comments: