New Music - Titus Andronicus

It’s late, so I’m not up for writing too much tonight, but I just got back from a weekend road trip and want to share my $0.01½ about an album I’ve been neglecting for the past few months. I’ve already mentioned the warm, drug-addled epic “No Future”, but it took a while for me to catch up with the rest of the debut record from Titus Andronicus. As you’d expect from the title, there’s a lot of angst on The Airing Of Grievances - imagine a more muscular, Springsteen-esque take on the pre-I’m Wide Awake It’s Morning Bright Eyes albums (the ones where he tore his throat yelling and cursing into home microphones) and you‘d have a good idea what these cathartic little anthems sound like. I was rocking out to this album a few times between Massachusetts and Brooklyn today and loving every speaker-blowing minute of it, especially the song named after the band named after one of Shakepseare’s earliest, bloodiest tragedies.

MP3 :: Titus Andronicus
MP3 :: No Future
(from The Airing Of Grievances. Buy here)
---------------------------------------------------------

No comments: